|Start Date and Time||Event Details
|9:30 AM - 12:00 PM ||Spring Cycle II 2017 Smart Start - Leominster
Smart Start is your initial registration and advising appointment at Mount Wachusett Community College. Smart Start lasts about two hours, during which you will receive essential information on course selection, financial aid requirements and how to navigate your student portal (iConnect). At the conclusion of Smart Start you will have your class schedule and be ready for success at MWCC!
Students must complete the steps below before attending Smart Start. Failure to complete any of the steps below may result in course registration delays.
1) Submit official high school and college transcripts from any previously attended institutions.
2) Complete the Accuplacer initial placement test. Walk-in testing is available on the Gardner campus from 8:00am to 1:00pm Monday through Friday. Students that have previously completed college-level English and math classes at MWCC or another institution may be exempt from some or all of the placement test.
3) Activate your iConnect account at iconnect.mwcc.edu using the student ID number provided in your acceptance packet. If you have previously activated your account, ensure that you still have access to it.
4) Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at fafsa.ed.gov. Use the MWCC School Code 002172.
If you need assistance completing any of the steps please contact Admissions at (978) 630-9110 or email@example.com. Otherwise, click the pencil icon above to register.
We look forward to seeing you at Smart Start!
|11:00 AM - 2:00 PM ||Transfer Visit - Becker College - Undergraduate Day
Transfer Visit - Becker College - Undergraduate Day
|12:30 PM - 1:30 PM ||CATS Programming Meeting
Come and join in on the fun of planning and running activities for MWCC students (i.e. Scary Karaoke, Fall Fest). For more information contact the Student Life office at firstname.lastname@example.org. 978-630-9148 or stop by room 151. Open to all MWCC students.
|1:00 PM - 3:00 PM ||Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal Workshop GARDNER Room 240
This workshop is designed to assist students seeking to petition for reinstatement to MWCC or reinstatement of Financial Aid. The workshop will review MWCC's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy and the steps required to be considered for reinstatement. Time will be provided for students to write and submit an appeal. At the conclusion of this workshop, students will be able to:
- Interpret the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements;
- Identify which requirements are not being met;
- Submit an appeal requesting permission to continue attending school and/or permission to continue receiving financial aid.
|3:00 PM ||Campus Tour
Your campus visit begins with an information session hosted by our Director of Enrollment. At MWCC, we know a campus visit is the best way to learn more about our degrees, certificates, financial aid and co-curricular activities.. Tours of the Gardner campus are offered every Monday through Thursday beginning at 3:00 p.m. with an additional tour on Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. and otherwise by appointment.
|5:00 PM - 7:00 PM ||UWYV Spring Showcase
Learn how local youth are making an impact.
Showcase will feature:
- Appetizers & Cocktail Party
- Network with Youth Social Ventures
Purchase tickets: mwcc.edu/uwyv